The Ground Hog C-71-5 is two-man earth drill designed to deliver years of reliable service with superior performance. It has been a proven performer for over 40 years. It’s rugged design promotes durability and requires very little maintenance.
The heart of this unit is our time-tested transmission. The transmission is an efficient worm drive design utilizing alloy steel shafts, large tapered roller bearings and our standard 7/8” square auger drive.
Aluminum castings are used throughout the C-71-5′s construction to produce a unit that is both strong and lightweight. The C-71-5 uses an air cooled centrifugal clutch and a trigger-type, return-style throttle. Both operator positions are equipped with individual stop switches and tubular steel handlebars.
The C-71-5 is available with 3 engine options; Honda, Briggs & Stratton Intek and Subaru.
|Maximum Auger Speed||160 rpm @ 3600 engine rpm (no load)|
|Maximum Torque||192 ft. lbs. torque (approximate)|
|Max. Auger Diameter||12 inches (31 cm)|
|Weight||72 lbs. (33 kg)|
|Length||40.5 inches (103 cm)|
|Width||30 inches (76 cm)|
|Height (Honda)||20.5 inches (52 cm)|
- – Ground Hog’s time tested transmission
- – Low maintenance
- – Easily transported
- – Rapid Return ON Investment
- – 7/8” square auger drive (No shear pins needed)
- – Heavy wall steel handlebars
- – Aluminum Castings for strength and light weight
- – Centrifugal clutch with needle bearings and all metal shoes and drum
- – Trigger-type return-style throttle
- – Heavy Duty cog-type drive belt
- – Will handle the hardest soils
- – Handles up to a 12” auger
Three engine options:
Honda, Briggs & Stratton Intek and Subaru