Here’s a portable hole digger conceived right from the start for light and medium one man drilling projects. From backyard fencing to commercial landscaping, the M240 readily handles any number of lawn and garden, homeowner and light construction tasks.
The machine is built with the same attention to detail and features as General’s larger, professional duty hole diggers. Precision manufacturing tolerances, heat treated shafts and gears, and the oversized bearings are designed to keep the M240 earth auger on the job and not in the repair shop.
General was the first to create ergonomically designed operator handles for portable hole diggers. Their special shapes actually enhance control by reducing body fatigue to increase productivity and promote jobsite safety. An optional 3/4″, three jaw chuck accepts standard masonry, wood and metal drilling bits.
- Subaru EH035
- 1.6 Horsepower
- 33.5 cc. in. Displacement
- Lo Tone with spark arrester muffler
- Hand rewind starter
- Fueled with gasoline, 4-cycle, 211 Position
- Resistor type spark plug
- Totally enclosed, greased-lubricated, spur gear reduction
- Nominal auger rotation speed @ rated engine speed is166 RPM, no load
- The auger rotation direction is right hand (clockwise) into the ground
- All-metal automatic-centrifugal clutch, slips on overload
- Driveshaft connection to auger is 1″ round.
- For use with 2135 Series augers up to 8 inches diameter.
- Weight 18 lbs.
- Shipping weight 28 lbs.
- Great post hole digger